The Gulf South Texans were created to provide kids and parents another option for soccer development in the Baton Rouge area, as well as throughout Louisiana.
GULF SOUTH TEXANS FACTS
- Gulf South Texans players are eligible to participate in the ECNL along with other top-level competition with the Dallas Texans. We will be actively monitoring and evaluating our players to provide them an opportunity to play at higher levels whenever possible.
- Gulf South Texans will play under the governing body of US Club Soccer. As a National Association member of U.S. Soccer, US Club Soccer registers players and staff, provides insurance coverage, provides and sanctions competitions and events as well as a variety of other programming for its members. We will participate in certain leagues/tournaments that are registered under US Club Soccer.
- Gulf South Texans WILL NOT have any association or be an affiliate of the Louisiana Soccer Association (LSA). This gives us fewer restrictions on how we can develop Gulf South Texans players, as well as scheduling our games with more input from each team and other factors. We will follow the rules and regulations set forth by US Club Soccer, and not those set by the Louisiana Soccer Association.
- The main goal of Gulf South Texans is to develop the player and coaches as WHOLE individuals. In order to achieve this, we will challenge each player at all levels. Our goal is to get each player to be "Comfortable being Uncomfortable" in order to hasten development. Mistakes are not discouraged, but rather encouraged in order for players to learn.
- The Texans coaching staff will make determinations about players playing up in age groups, as well as when and how much. We take player development very seriously and will focus on the best methods to push each player to maximize his or her physical and mental capabilities.